Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reflecting on my resolutions

I think I'm pretty happy with the resolutions I've come up with, though I thought of one more. I'd really like to have a 200 species year for birding. I think striving to see 200 different types of birds in one year would be awesome! It won't be easy, but with some effort, I think it's doable! I got a great start helping with the Allegan County Christmas Bird Count (CBC) yesterday! I'm pretty sure I was able to see 32 species yesterday!! (I'm awaiting confirmation from fellow birders). It was the most picturesque CBC ever. I think almost a foot of snow fell while we were hiking around the county, big, huge, fluffy flakes. Very refreshing since there is hardly any snow in Lansing! Thankfully I got new hiking boots and a new North Face jacket for Christmas, I was completely warm for all 6 hours out in the frigid Michigan winter! Awesome!

So, just 168 more species to go!

No comments: