Thursday, March 4, 2010

Born Free in February

The second installment of my book reviews for this year is regarding the book Born Free by Joy Adamson. This book was just what I needed at this point in the year. I was feeling a need to let go of my relationship that had just ended, which is exactly what this book was about. Joy and her husband, George, lived in Africa and they came to be the sole caretakers for a lion cub they named Elsa. There came a point when they realized they must teach Elsa to hunt and live like a wild lion since they would not be able to keep her forever. Through a lot of hard work and patience, they - amazingly - were able to teach her to hunt and become aclimated to a wild lion's way of life. It is a truely touching story about letting go of their friend because it is what is best for Elsa. I finished the book in 2 days - it's a great story and the version I have had many photos of Joy, George and Elsa throughout their time together. There has been a movie (or several) made about this story and I have yet to see them, but this book is definitely worth the read!

1 comment:

SassySparky said...

I found you in blog land!